Subscribe:

Friday, April 29, 2011

[Cool Stuff] Airbnb? Why haven't I heard of this before?!

Airbnb, probably the best website ever.

I have no idea how old this website is, but it seems to be very popular, there are listings for my podunk little home town of Chico, CA.

Everybody knows what couch-surfing is right? You go and stay in a stranger's house and sleep on their couch, sometimes in exchange for doing a few chores or just because the person likes the company. Well this site offers users a more structured way of finding people to couch surf on (that sounds dirty), and it allows the renters to charge a (usually) small fee in exchange for their precious house/apartment space. Airbnb even offers to send a professional photographer to your apartment to take pictures for your room/couch/whatever you're renting, completely free of charge! Now that's service!

Airbnb quite possibly might be one of the coolest things that I've ever found on the internet to this date, besides doodoocaca. It's a simple idea that holds a lot of value for both the renter and the tenant, and it opens up the world of couch surfing to a bigger group of people than would normally be interested in this sort of thing.

If I didn't live in a dorm with no way of renting out my space then I would be extremely excited to try my hand at this. Obviously with the lower rates you have to charge this can't replace your normal job or whatever, or maybe it can I don't know your life. Airbnb could probably be one of the greatest sources of supplemental income ever. Except maybe owning a bunch of candy machines, but that's hard to get started...

All I know is that as soon as I'm done with college and I have a place of my own, if this website is still alive and kicking I will most definitely come back and be the biggest and bestest home/hotel/bnb in my city. I'm so excited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment